about me

My photo
we are a family of three and thrilled to introduce our newest family member arriving february 2012!

15 September 2009

35 weeks (this is getting to be ALOT of weeks)

It's a good thing that people start throwing baby showers in the last few weeks of pregnancy, because otherwise there wouldn't be much to enjoy. I do have the excitement of meeting this little guy soon to keep me getting through the motions of every day, but I need these constant celebrations to keep me sane.

When I think about it, I really shouldn't have much to complain about... I haven't thrown up once, I'm not on bed rest, I'm not swelling, I get to eat Oreos everyday and not feel guilty about it, I can still participate in physical activities and I'm able to function just as I did before (almost) on a regular daily basis... but my hips hurt and my back aches and it feels like someone punched me right on the pubic bone and I have a basketball under my shirt wherever I go, I have to pee at least 4 times a night, I need naps but if I take too long of a nap I can't fall asleep at night, I miss my old wardrobe, I miss intense workouts, I miss being able to reach my toes and tie my shoes. And I'm pretty sure Jake misses going a whole day without me getting emotional over something. Jake, if you are reading this... you have been a trooper, but I like to think, so have I.

But it'll be worth it... right??
We've made it to the 5 week countdown (yipee!)... I know this little guy is aching for a little more room than I'm providing in my belly, so hopefully my mental wavelengths are reaching him and he will get the message that it's ok with me if he makes his appearance a little earlier than the 22nd... just a little early, not tomorrow early.
Anyway, here's a few pictures from the fabulous shower I was able to enjoy with a few of my oldest and dearest friends. Thanks for fun games, amazing food, cute gifts and an overall "bitchin" day!


Lindsay, Tess and Allie... three friends I have known for years - love these ladies!!


Brooke, me and Nat... I felt a little violated in this picture and Nat looks like she's enjoying it way too much :). Kidding lady! p.s. We didn't plan the b/w theme, we are just that in sync.

Natalie MADE this... I am so impressed with her quilting abilities. I will never let baby Olson poop on this blanket.


Brooke, me, Tess, Linds, Allie, Bekah, Jess, Katie and Nat. So cute!
And... Katie and me at 35 weeks. She is due two days after me, but I'm preparing myself for her to go into labor before me... sigh. I love that my belly is basically at Katie's chest... the tallest and shortest of friends pregnant together. (What you can't see is Katie on tip toes and me squating lower to try to match our bellies).

8 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

That shower was a ton of fun, and I loved your explanation of the things you miss - I want to touch my toes so bad!!! The little things, hah! Tina, I am getting the vibe I may have to be induced this time, so who knows... :) Call me if you want to go on a walk sometime this week.

Natalie said...

Thanks for letting us all be a part this exciting time in your life.

And yes, I maybe did enjoy that picture a little too much. But hello, someone needs to be the favorite aunt and it better be me.

erica s said...

I am so sad I wasn't there! You look so awesome! I can't wait to meet baby Olson!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hey.
I'm happy to hear that you've had a great pregnancy. Of' course, mine has been a journey from hell already...but, I guess it can't get much worse...you see, I'm TRYING to be positive! Lol.

Ryan and Staci said...

Looks like you had a great shower! You are looking so good at 35 weeks and hope the next few weeks just fly by! :)

Erin said...

What a fun post Kris! You look so amazing! Just hang in there. I so know how you feel and that last month really is THE WORST. You are so tired of being pregnant. I think God created it that way so women would gladly go through labor. :)

Your friends are darling and I love the blanket. Wishing you a speedy month!

Mandy said...

Kristine, you look so cute and I can't believe you are only 5 weeks away! It goes by so fast. I haven't made it to your class for awhile, but I can't wait to see your little guy!

Mikki said...

I love it. You look so good. And I jealous that you only have a few more weeks. For some reason the second time seems to take even longer. UGG! If only pregnancy lasted 6 months. :)