about me

My photo
we are a family of three and thrilled to introduce our newest family member arriving february 2012!

06 October 2009

16 days to go... or more (but please, not more)

As slow as I think time is going, it really is flying by because here I am at 38 weeks pregnant and in my last week of work! Jake and I are getting more and more excited - and I love that everytime I call someone they answer with "are you in labor??" - of course I wish I was calling to tell them I'm in labor, it just isn't the case... yet. My favorite is when I call Jake and he answers like this "I'm on the other line with a client... are you in labor?" When I say 'no' he says, "ok, then I'll call you back." Everybody is just waiting for the call. I love it.


A few people have requested pictures of the nursery so I've included some below. The walls are still bare, but I'm waiting for my adorable etsy purchase to be custom framed and the rest I figure I'll fill up as time goes on... pictures of the babe most likely. Any suggestions? I've had fun seeing the nursery gradually come together.



p.s. in the above picture you will see the works of my dear friend Natalie displayed. She made the most amazing quilt and we adore it. I'm just glad Natalie was kind enough to make such a masterpiece AND still decide to give it away. What a great friend indeed!!




I'm also looking for some baby book recommendations... what are your favorites? I have a good start, but would love to know what my friends suggest.


And lastly... here I am - 264 days pregnant. Yes... the face is getting rounder - it's the Oreos. 3 days left of work. 1 baby shower to enjoy. 0 classes left to teach. And who knows how many days until wee little one arrives. I'll keep you posted.




And here's one for a good chuckle... clothes just aren't fitting quite right anymore - this picture makes me laugh.







pps - any photographer suggestions? I know someone I would love to take the pictures, but she doesn't live in Utah, so that doesn't work out so well... I could use some recommendations for newborn pics. Thanks!

15 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh Tina - 264 days pregnant, that sounds like a LONG time! The nursery is adorable, and you look fantastic. I am seriously, you are all baby!!! So, last night I totally went on another hour long speed walk with Spence and not even ONE contraction! Come on - one of us has to go this week! ;) Also, my favorite book for a newborn is "On the night you were born" - it is so sweet. And if you don't mind dropping some cash, I know an awesome photographer. But if you want a good deal, Speen's cousin Lindsay is amazing, and I bet she would charge you barely anything and give you all images.

Jenny said...

I agree "On the night you were born" is adorable. Goodnight Moon is a classic. I loved reading it to the boys at bedtime. When baby boy Olson gets a little bigger you must get Mars Needs Moms. www.peekaboophotos.com Katie Moss is so great with newborns.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Tina - weird, I was just coming back to tell you who the good photographer was that was kinda pricey, and it is the same person that your friend Jenny listed below, how random is that!?! My dad's assistant just got her newborn pictures done by Katie and she did an AMAZING job!!! So, I definitely second that.

Danielle O. said...

Yay, you are so close!! You look great, why isn't every part of your body totally swollen like mine was?
Anyway, your nursery is so cute and I love the wall color. You could hit up the Children's Hour and ask Barbara (Dave's mom) for some book recommendations. All of the books she gave us are my favorites. Well, good luck over the next few weeks, can't wait to see pics!

erica s said...

I am just waiting to hear...Baby Olson born on... I can't wait and you do look awesome!

Natalie said...

You look fantastic! As always. And yay for the quilt! I am so glad you like it. It was my pleasure to make it and give it to you.

I personally think my texts of "are you still with child" are hilarious. But then again, I think I am really funny.

Luke and Kenz said...

You look so cute prego! A suggestion for the pics is Amber Togisala. Check out her website @ togisalaphotography.com She did my wedding pictures and she takes awesome baby pics!

Nielsen Family said...

The Nursery is SO cute! I love it. I can't wait to see it in person! I am a little jealous...I have never had a "nursery"....so here's to number 3?? I can't wait to meet the little guy. He will sleep SO good in his adorable room!

I recommend Wallin Photography. Katherine does such a great job!!

Tickle Monster is my kids favorite book! Plus you can buy these tickle gloves that go with it, and it is just so cute! All the Sandra Boynton books are great too!

Erin said...

Kris - you look so dang cute! Like you're about to pop - but darling just the same. :) Love the nursery! It's perfect. Books! I have so many good ones. First you need the basics: Goodnight Moon, Brown Bear, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Guess How Much I Love You, Mr. Brown Can Moo - Can You? Those are some fun books for baby - then when he gets a little older I have some really good suggestions. :)

Bruschke said...

I know someone who shoots AMAZING photos...of course, I think you know her...

Bruschke said...

Just sayin'! Babies are my specialty

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

You're so close, but doesn't it seem like you wait forever to meet that little person. Everything looks great, including you. I totally remember shirts being like that, not quite fitting the belly anymore. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see pics of baby boy Olson. Ava has loved any book that has pictures of other babies in it. Hope it's 16 days or less.

Miranda said...

Man oh man. You are in for a treat. Our current favorite reads are: I Love You Forever (makes me cry every time), What The Grizzly Knows, Little Pea, The Going To Bed Book, You Are My I Love You, Goodnight Gorilla (makes me laugh every time), everything Eric Carle...I could go on. There are just so many! Milo is just barely getting to where he looks at the pages and sort of seems interested. It's the best. I propose you plan a trip to DC to visit me and we could spend a day in Philly where said photographer resides...whatdayathink?

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hey.
I'll let you know if I end up eating my words, but I really think that everyone has their own idea of what slowed down is...when it comes to the pace of life. Right now, I'm working 3 jobs...cancer research full time, Scentsy consultant and I tutor science and math students after work about 3 days a week. On top of that, the house hunting/purchasing/renovations are a BIT hectic. So, yes...I am looking forward to life slowing down when I quit work and give birth to this soccer player in my stomach. I am going to look forward to staying HOME for a change. Whew. It'll be a nice break.
So...that being said, I'll let you know if I end up eating my words. =)

Sarah said...

So good to see you recently - loved it. Hopefully we can get together again soon.

Btw, I changed my blog - it's http://stochasticallysarah.blogspot.com/. I won't be updating the old one. :)