about me

My photo
we are a family of three and thrilled to introduce our newest family member arriving february 2012!

09 November 2010

A Celebration

My baby is ONE and I can't believe it. I love scrolling through pictures on my phone watching him change a little in each picture. He is definitely a toddler. It would have been so wonderful to have all of Jonathan's friends and family around for his birthday, but unfortunately for him it was just me and his dad. Ok ok, my parents were in town too. So don't feel too bad for him. And he received lots of postal love as well, so he really wasn't forgotten at all.

My one request for the occasion was a big cake in front of my baby for him to dive into. I always love watching babies make an absolute mess of themselves. And I loved watching his face as we sang "Happy Birthday" and placed the cake in front of him. It was more a look of terror than anything else ("why are these people singing AT me so loudly with party hats, overly huge smiles and fire?"). I think these pictures say it all when it comes to Jonathan's feelings about chocolate cake...


my masterpiece (my sis-in-law will be disappointed... she's decorates cakes professionally)

one excited baby boy plus...

one M&M at a time plus...

one mouthful at a time plus...

two proud parents in party hats plus...

two wonderful grandparents and a very focused JJO plus...

more cake plus...

one baby trying to get his party hat off his head so he can focus on one thing and one thing only plus....

no words, plus...

one spatula plus

one chocolate cake destroyed and tossed overboard plus...

one round of "how big is baby?..." plus...

one birthday kiss from mom

EQUALS ONE HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOY!!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

He is SO cute!!

Brooke said...

I actually am really impressed with the cake . . . that's a lot of color separating. He really is adorable!

Erin said...

He is so cute Kris! And I love your cake! Darling idea. Marci will be proud. :)

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hey You.
Yep, we want to move...but, just to one neighborhood over...not even out of the Ward. We just realistically need more room in a few years. We would like to have 3 kids...and we only have 3 extra bedrooms at this point. We want a guest room because it seems like we have family in town every month. Oh well...a moving company will make it easy. I love moving. I moved a lot as a kid.