about me

My photo
we are a family of three and thrilled to introduce our newest family member arriving february 2012!

30 March 2010

Figuring things out...

Life with a baby is tricky... for me. It seems ridiculous to blame not showering, no dinner and a messy house on the baby... but I manage to do it... frequently. So naturally I also don't seem to have time to blog. But really I could make time for all these things... I'm still working on a system. Once we get nap-time nailed down I'll become the domestic goddess I never knew I could be. My husband will be thrilled.

Jonathan is a whopping 5 months old and somehow manages to be the most adorable baby there ever was. His latest stats at his well check up were 98th percentile for height (28in.) and 53rd percentile for weight (16.1lbs)... he truly is a string bean. By the time his pants fit around the waist they are too short for his legs. And I don't know where is monkey arms came from, but most shirts are a stylish 3/4 look on him... he's got long limbs.

Baby J has an amazing falsetto and a beautiful squeal. He can roll over from tummy to back and is very close to achieving back to tummy success... that darn arm is always in his way. He is a wiggly worm. I will lay him down at night and come back in the morning to find his head at the opposite end of the crib. He thinks he is so funny. He loves holding things in his hands and is finally figuring out that if he shakes, swings or throws something it makes rattling noises... he loves that. He will put anything in his mouth. He loves going on walks. He smiles constantly. He thinks our dog (Louie) is the funniest creature that ever walked the planet. He loves it when his mom plays cheesy music and dances and sings for him (mom loves that she gets to do this!) He loves talking to his dad. He can almost sit up on his own. He discovered his feet and has been known to gnaw on his big toe from time to time (hilarious). Johnny Jump Up is the BEST purchase we ever made (will attempt to post footage of this). Loves peek-a-boo. Loves books. Loves staring at the TV (worried about this:-)). The only times this kid is unhappy is when he's hungry and when he has to wear clothes... it's as if I'm torturing him when he has to wear clothes. Parents of Jonathan love him to pieces... seriously - how is it possible to love someone so much you can't even think about it without tearing up? He is the greatest blessing in our lives and makes every day the BEST day. Being a mom really is hard, but I couldn't love any job more.

Here are a few recent favorites...













3 comments:

erica s said...

This is the first picture I have seen of the front of your hair! I would like to see more and of course baby J is darling! Wish I lived closer to see him grow :(

James.Megan.Ava.Fischer said...

He is a definite cutie. I can see both you and Jake in him. Did you cut your hair? If so, it looks great. It is difficult to figure things out, I still am. And just when I think maybe I have, the next one will be here. Keep up the good work.

Michelle said...

Such a cute little guy! Fun to read all about you being a mom. 11 years later and some days I still don't have the schedule figured out...but don't let that scare you, I think I'm a slow learner, other people seem to get it down. The best piece of advice I was ever given in the early days of motherhood was, "Do one thing each day that can't be undone" (read, blog, create something, etc.) ...just to make sure the day isn't ALL about re-doing laundry, re-doing dishes, re-doing diapers, etc.