about me

My photo
we are a family of three and thrilled to introduce our newest family member arriving february 2012!

18 October 2010

Joan's Pumpkin Farm

I realized this past weekend that I have always wanted to go to a real pumpkin patch. I think I was the most excited (out of three of us) for this adventure! Not a "wannabe" pumpkin patch on Highland Drive in the Cottonwood Mall parking lot (although now I'm sad realizing that memory can no longer be seeing as there is no longer a Cottonwood Mall). I love watching Jonathan explore his surroundings. He really is a man of nature... he gets right down in the dirt... he'll even eat the dirt to prove he is fearless er something. Actually I think the only reason he eats the dirt is because he hears me say "Jonathan, don't put that in your mouth," and immediately following my request is disobedience. We had fun watching Jonathan play around in the pumpkins, lose interest in the farm animals, not ride the ponies and do everything in his power to avoid eye contact with the camera. It really was a fun NEW family tradition. Even though JJO is still a little young to really enjoy the awesomeness that is Joan's Pumpkin Farm, I think it's safe to say he had a fun time posing for pictures and riding on his dada's shoulders. He just loves it when we are all hanging out together. As do I.





After an exhausting task of picking out the perfect pumpkin (pictures to come) we decided to stop for lunch... at In N' Out. But then we came across Mr. Pickles Sandwich Shop and decided to take a chance. We were NOT disappointed! Next time we pass by Livermore you can bet we'll be enjoying a yummy fresh sandwich from Mr. Pickles (my sandwich tasted even better when I followed it up with the complimentary chocolate chip cookie that came with my meal).

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Great blog updates! I love all of the pictures. Fall is so fun with kids - pumpkin patches, costumes and... birthdays. Jonathan is getting so close to the big 1!